Sunday, January 15, 2012

No 400 Five Mile Marker

Five Mile Marker
6 x6 oil on gessoed board
This is being auction off at dailypaintworks.com with a starting bid of $75 and will include shipping to Canada and the USA. Here is the link http://www.dailypaintworks.com/original-fine-art-auctions
Well this is painting number 400. There use to be stone markers on the roads where I grew up. I sometime feel that I have travel a huge distance in my painting life. I think this painting suits the journey and the distance I have travel as well as a glimpse into the future of where I am still to go in my journey. There always seems to be a movement forward, some days the movement feels very small, but there always seems to be a progression. I hope you enjoy this one! 

This painting has a lot of symbolism in it. The road - a long straight never ending path to travel in ones life. The wall on the left side - a strong partner and someone to help keep you on the road. The old Oak tree, a strong presence in the future, the blue flowers - always parts of the journey with time for thought. Finally the marker in the road, a gentle measure of how far one has come. 

2 comments:

  1. Really cool painting and thought process. These colors are terrific. I, for one, have noticed the beautiful progression in your work. When I first saw this piece on my thumbnail I thought it was Karin Jurick. YOu got to like hearing that. Congrats Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment - Karin Jurick is one of my mentors - thanks again

      Delete