Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No 335 Back alley to the Church

Back Alley to the Church
8 x 10 oil on gessoed baord
This is being auction off at dailypaintworks.com with a starting bid of $50 and will include shipping to Canada and the USA. Here is the link http://www.dailypaintworks.com/original-fine-art-auctions

I was reading the other day about posting paintings that one has done everyday. What to do if the one you did lastnight is not that great and kind of missed the mark. Well I think you should post it, one learns from one's mistakes and making them and realizing that you could have done better is part of growing as an artist. We always have to strive to paint the next painting better than the one you just finished. I think if we are totally satisfied with all the paintings we paint, I am not sure we would continue to paint. Were would the challenge be. I love to paint, striving to do the next painting better, by composition, better brush work, better use of colour, better use of soft and hard edges, better control of what you want the viewer to focus on - all of these and more are elements that I strive to achieve in each painting. If I can put them all into one painting, firstly I would be elated and would not want to sell the thing. So every painting is a challenge - successful or not so successful, I try to learn from it and put that knowledge into the next painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment